adverb(also leftwards /-wərdz/)
- Toward the left.More example sentences
- I caught another set of headlights approaching me, and then looked leftwards to see who was beside me.
- Immediately below the bridge, a path runs leftwards, uphill to a tarmac road where a signpost to Birnam Hill points to the left.
- Today the revolt is generally being channelled leftwards.
adjectiveBack to top
- Going toward or facing the left: they moved their eyes in a leftward directionMore example sentences
- Circular clockwise motion of a cilium can generate directional leftward flow if its axis is not perpendicular to the cell surface but tilted posteriorly.
- Once the lever is down and the sound and arrow are indicating leftward movement, you may proceed to make sure your path is clear, and then continue on with your intended movement.
- Eventually it landed a step or two onto the green and rolled some 30 yards forward, taking a small leftward slope toward the hole and eventually settling 3 ½ feet from the cup.
More definitions of leftwardDefinition of leftward in:
- The British & World English dictionary