Definition of leftward in English:
Toward the left.
- I caught another set of headlights approaching me, and then looked leftwards to see who was beside me.
- Immediately below the bridge, a path runs leftwards, uphill to a tarmac road where a signpost to Birnam Hill points to the left.
- Today the revolt is generally being channelled leftwards.
adjectiveBack to top
Going toward or facing the left: they moved their eyes in a leftward direction
More example sentences
- Circular clockwise motion of a cilium can generate directional leftward flow if its axis is not perpendicular to the cell surface but tilted posteriorly.
- Once the lever is down and the sound and arrow are indicating leftward movement, you may proceed to make sure your path is clear, and then continue on with your intended movement.
- Eventually it landed a step or two onto the green and rolled some 30 yards forward, taking a small leftward slope toward the hole and eventually settling 3 ½ feet from the cup.
Words that rhyme with leftwardhellward • heavenward
Definition of leftward in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan