noun(usually leg irons)
- A metal band or chain placed around a prisoner’s ankle as a restraint.More example sentences
- Guards slap on handcuffs and the inmates shuffle forward to be placed in leg irons.
- Martin is being held in one of Bangkok's worst prisons and spent his first two years in leg irons.
- While he was being interviewed by a British officer, Rasul was handcuffed from behind and had leg irons on.
More definitions of leg ironDefinition of leg iron in:
- The British & World English dictionary