Definition of legal pad in English:
1A ruled writing tablet, often yellow, that measures 8½ by 14 inches.
- He muttered as he reached for his bag and pulled out a yellow legal pad covered in scrawled writing.
- She scribbled a few things on a yellow legal pad and left to give Adele privacy while she undressed.
- Otis was at the counter writing furiously on his legal pad and barely acknowledging Adam as he ran into the back to grab his vest.
1.1A ruled pad of paper: premium legal pads with recycled paper, 5 x 8, white
More example sentences
- The teacher insisted I use notebook paper instead of legal pads.
- Stashed between the legal pads and paper clips lie sewing room selections.
- He sighed and riffled through the mass of papers on his desk for a legal pad.
Definition of legal pad in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan