- 1An arrangement by which a husband or wife remain married but live apart, following a court order. Also called judicial separation.More example sentences
- Spouses may achieve a legal separation simply by drawing up a deed of separation.
- Presumably, these rights would include the right to seek a legal separation, and to seek a divorce.
- Thanksgiving came and went, and Marie's lawyer notified me that she was filing for a legal separation.
More definitions of legal separationDefinition of legal separation in:
- The British & World English dictionary