Definition of legalize in English:
Make (something that was previously illegal) permissible by law: a measure legalizing gambling in Deadwood
More example sentences
- For less than a year it was legalised by statute in the Northern Territory of Australia.
- It's time to fix the bankruptcy law that has legalized the corporate robbery of workers.
- Two years later, the government introduced another measure legalizing civil marriage.
- Example sentences
- So the Canadian Association of Police Boards denounced the legalization of illicit drugs, including marijuana.
- I have to point out here that we must not conflate legalization with decriminalization.
- Many benefits would come from decriminalisation or legalisation with regulation.
Pronunciation: /-ˌlēɡələˈzāSHən/ /-ˌlīˈzā-/noun
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.