- Bhagiratha is the legendary king whose devotion made the Ganges consent to come down to the Earth.
- It ends with the legendary King Arthur, a Celtic hero adopted by the Anglo-Normans.
- Most people, it should be said, like to name their pets after mythological and legendary figures.
- The statue was commissioned by Goodwood estate owner Lord March to honour the legendary fighter pilot.
- These were the only honours bestowed on this legendary maestro during his lifetime.
- It's all a part of the legendary good time that the Edmonton festival is so well known for.
- Example sentences
- For all his kindness, Ben was also legendarily a tough guy, and only a tough guy could have made his choices.
- The composer legendarily augmented his orchestra with a wind machine.
- Theresa Gattung legendarily insisted on wearing hers to university.
Early 16th century (as a noun denoting a collection of legends, especially of saints' lives): from medieval Latin legendarius, from legenda 'things to be read' (see legend).
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.