1Tight-fitting stretch pants, typically worn by women or girls.
- She wore long black leggings and a tight-fitting black top.
- I'm not going to wear leggings under a denim miniskirt or stiletto-heeled boots with skinny jeans and a gold-trimmed gilet.
- Bassist Chris Squire - wearing a flouncy black smock over skin-tight Lycra leggings tucked into Doc Marten boots - was having more of a ball than most.
1.1Protective coverings for the legs.
- He wore a leather loincloth, fur leggings, a fur garment, a grass cape, a fur hat and leather shoes stuffed with grass.
- Traditional clothing for men consisted of a breech-cloth, deerskin leggings, a shirt, and, in winter, moccasins.
- The men wore antelope or mountain sheep skin leggings, shirts, breechcloths, and moccasins.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of leggings in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.