- A type of trap with a mechanism that catches and holds an animal by one of its legs.More example sentences
- This country has banned both fur factory farming and the use of the steel-jawed leghold trap.
- In 1991, the EU passed Council Regulation 3254 / 91, prohibiting imports of the furs of 13 wild species from countries which still permitted the use of any form of jaw-type leghold trap.
- Other than nets and common mouse or rat traps, traps designed to capture and hold a mammal by gripping the mammal's body, or body part are prohibited, including steel jaw leghold traps, padded leghold traps, and snares.
More definitions of leghold trapDefinition of leghold trap in:
- The British & World English dictionary