Definition of legible in English:
(Of handwriting or print) clear enough to read: the original typescript is scarcely legible
More example sentences
- This book has an attractive look to it, with a legible typeface and good layout.
- I stared at the note, wishing that the mystery person had more legible handwriting.
- Health staff must ensure all handwritten records are legible, dated and signed.
late Middle English: from late Latin legibilis, from legere 'to read'.
- Example sentences
- The last entry in his little book showed the struggle of his shaking hand as he tried to write legibly.
- All of the forms in the packet must be legibly completed, and brought with you to the assessment.
- Those who can't even write their names legibly can still check out the Fringe Gallery downstairs.
Words that rhyme with legibleillegible
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia