Definition of legless lizard in English:
A lizard that lacks legs and has a snakelike or wormlike appearance, in particular.
- ● An Australian lizard of a group that includes the scalyfoots (several genera in the family Pygopodidae). ● A North American lizard of California and Baja California (genus Anniella, family Anniellidae).
- There were also some reptiles including a legless lizard and a very pretty bynoe's gecko.
- Similarly, legless lizards have evolved many times.
- What's the difference between a legless lizard and a snake?
Definition of legless lizard in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India