Definition of legless lizard in English:
A lizard that lacks legs and has a snakelike or wormlike appearance, in particular.
- ● An Australian lizard of a group that includes the scalyfoots (several genera in the family Pygopodidae). ● A North American lizard of California and Baja California (genus Anniella, family Anniellidae).
- There were also some reptiles including a legless lizard and a very pretty bynoe's gecko.
- Similarly, legless lizards have evolved many times.
- What's the difference between a legless lizard and a snake?
Definition of legless lizard in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.