A lizard that lacks legs and has a snakelike or wormlike appearance, in particular.
- ● An Australian lizard of a group that includes the scalyfoots (several genera in the family Pygopodidae). ● A North American lizard of California and Baja California (genus Anniella, family Anniellidae).
More example sentences
- There were also some reptiles including a legless lizard and a very pretty bynoe's gecko.
- Similarly, legless lizards have evolved many times.
- What's the difference between a legless lizard and a snake?
Definition of legless lizard in:
- The British & World English dictionary