- An Asian bird of the babbler family, with orange-yellow underparts and a melodious song, popular as a pet bird. Also called Pekin robin, red-billed leiothrix.
More example sentences
- Leiothrix lutea, family Timaliidae
- House Finches primarily inhabit forest edges and grassland, whereas the leiothrix is generally found in the understory of closed-canopy forest.
- The red-billed leiothrix lives in the underbrush of mountain forests, where it often travels in small flocks singing its melodious song.
modern Latin, from Greek leios 'smooth' + thrix 'hair'.
More definitions of leiothrixDefinition of leiothrix in:
- The British & World English dictionary