- A tropical and subtropical disease caused by leishmania and transmitted by the bite of sandflies. It affects either the skin or the internal organs.More example sentences
- The cutaneous form of leishmaniasis occurs from two weeks to six months after the bite of a sandfly.
- Leishmania is a protozoan parasite and the causative agent of the disease leishmaniasis.
- Of all the parasitic diseases, leishmaniasis is considered the most likely to succumb to vaccination.
More definitions of leishmaniasisDefinition of leishmaniasis in:
- The British & World English dictionary