Definition of lemon verbena in English:
A South American shrub of the verbena family, with lemon-scented leaves that are used as flavoring and to make a sedative tea.
- Aloysia triphylla, family Verbenaceae
- Being a deciduous shrub, lemon verbena will drop its leaves for a few months during the winter.
- If you're into herb teas German chamomile, lemon verbena and sage are sunny stalwarts.
- The severe summer drought got to the lemon verbena long before my silver maples started shedding leaves in stress.
Definition of lemon verbena in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan