Definition of lemon verbena in English:
A South American shrub of the verbena family, with lemon-scented leaves that are used as flavoring and to make a sedative tea.
- Aloysia triphylla, family Verbenaceae
- Being a deciduous shrub, lemon verbena will drop its leaves for a few months during the winter.
- If you're into herb teas German chamomile, lemon verbena and sage are sunny stalwarts.
- The severe summer drought got to the lemon verbena long before my silver maples started shedding leaves in stress.
Definition of lemon verbena in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.