- In a direction parallel with a thing’s length: halve the potatoes lengthwiseMore example sentences
- Standing the pineapple on end, cut it lengthwise into fourths and remove the core.
- Fix two strips of double sided tape lengthwise on the back of the black card.
- Halve the vanilla pod lengthwise and scrape out the seeds into a small non-stick saucepan.
adjective[attributive] Back to top
- Lying or moving lengthwise: a lengthwise crackMore example sentences
- It flew lengthwise figure eights in the room over and over and never found the open window.
- Also available are lengthwise rails in the floor, to which a rack system which will hold two bicycles can be attached.
- This can be addressed by building larger cylinders and dividing them into a larger number of lengthwise strips, then directing sunlight in through a window strip other than the one directly overhead.
More definitions of lengthwiseDefinition of lengthwise in:
- The British & World English dictionary