The fact or quality of being more merciful or tolerant than expected; clemency: the court could show leniency
More example sentences
- South Africa too, will seek more leniency in international trade of elephant products.
- The son pleads guilty, tearfully begging for leniency based on his claim that his father molested him.
- So I think the rules of engagement give the military the leniency they need to accomplish their mission.
- More example sentences
- From that point of view he is absolutely right but what's wrong with a little lenience?
- It is not clear whether the same lenience would be shown to the other health professions.
- She asked for lenience from the court as she had a four-month-old baby to look after.