noun (plural lenos)
- An openwork fabric with the warp threads twisted in pairs before weaving.More example sentences
- The weave preferably includes a half-cross or full-cross leno weave.
- Nylon leno mesh, an extremely strong mesh sometimes referred to as lock mesh, traditionally is a component of outdoor equipment, not clothing.
- Some common weave styles are plain, twill, satin, basket, leno and mock leno.
late 18th century: from French linon, from lin 'flax', from Latin linum. Compare with linen.
More definitions of lenoDefinition of leno in:
- The British & World English dictionary