- Any of a group of retroviruses producing illnesses characterized by a delay in the onset of symptoms after infection.More example sentences
- As long as the HIV lentivirus lived in monkeys, it was not a threat for humans.
- Svendsen and his team approached the problem using a genetically engineered viral structure known as a lentivirus.
- One feature that distinguishes lentiviruses such as HIV from the other retroviruses is the complexity of the lentiviral genome.
1970s: from Latin lentus 'slow' + virus.
More definitions of lentivirusDefinition of lentivirus in:
- The British & World English dictionary