adverb & adjectiveMusic
- (Especially as a direction) slow or slowly.More example sentences
- For example, the song ‘Dear Eileen, I'm Going to Leave You’ is written in minor with a molto lento tempo.
- And indeed, just before the end, there is a strategic, if quiet, B minor chord filling an entire lento bar.
- No. 2 is the longer by 13 minutes, and notable for the emergence of a poignant viola tune in the big lento finale, and for a shocking last bar.
noun (plural lentos)Back to top
- A passage or movement marked to be performed slowly.More example sentences
- Listen to the glorious outpouring of the lento, and the dance that is the finale.
- The final lento illustrates the ‘becoming’ principle most clearly.
More definitions of lentoDefinition of lento in:
- The British & World English dictionary