Definition of lento in English:
(Especially as a direction) slow or slowly.
- For example, the song ‘Dear Eileen, I'm Going to Leave You’ is written in minor with a molto lento tempo.
- And indeed, just before the end, there is a strategic, if quiet, B minor chord filling an entire lento bar.
- No. 2 is the longer by 13 minutes, and notable for the emergence of a poignant viola tune in the big lento finale, and for a shocking last bar.
noun (plural lentos)Back to top
A passage or movement marked to be performed slowly.
- Listen to the glorious outpouring of the lento, and the dance that is the finale.
- The final lento illustrates the ‘becoming’ principle most clearly.
Words that rhyme with lentocento, cinquecento, divertimento, memento, pimiento, portamento, Risorgimento, Sacramento, Sorrento, Trento
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.