Definition of leopard frog in English:
A common greenish-brown North American frog that has dark leopardlike spots with a pale border.
- Rana pipiens, family Ranidae
- On wildlife refuges in Arizona where Schwalbe studies the amphibian, bullfrogs have nearly eliminated the Mexican garter snake and the Chiricahua leopard frog.
- The Berkeley team now reports similar laboratory results in two U.S. species, the leopard frog and the Pacific tree frog.
- On June 14, we proposed to list the Chiricahua leopard frog as threatened due to the effects of non-native predators, disease, habitat loss, and potential natural events, such as floods and drought.
Definition of leopard frog in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan