- 1A close-fitting one-piece garment, made of a stretchy fabric, that covers a person’s body from the shoulders to the top of the thighs and typically the arms, worn by dancers or people exercising indoors.More example sentences
- Her wavy hair was pulled back into a high ponytail, and a tank top covered her leotard.
- Lisa walked into the gym, dressed in a leotard and sweats, her hair in a messy ponytail.
- Her face and neck are moist with sweat, and she has pulled a pink practice tutu over her leotard and tights.
early 20th century: named after Jules Léotard (1839–70), French trapeze artist.
More definitions of leotardDefinition of leotard in:
- The British & World English dictionary