Definition of leptokurtic in English:
(Of a frequency distribution or its graphical representation) having greater kurtosis than the normal distribution; more concentrated about the mean. Compare with platykurtic, mesokurtic.
- The evidence from House Finches suggests that vagrants are simply the individuals that make up the long tails of leptokurtic frequency distributions typical of data on distances moved by animals.
- However, all of the fitness and morphological traits they reviewed had distributions of mutant effects more leptokurtic than a normal distribution.
- The fitness distribution of the MA lines is leptokurtic and skewed to the left.
- Example sentences
- In contrast, creek chubs showed little evidence of persistent upstream bias, and their leptokurtosis, while evident in the first three months, showed a decreasing trend with time, vanishing by the fourth month.
- The population heterogeneity model matched the leptokurtosis, variance, and overall distribution of the movement data.
- In previous samples, these characters have been shown to exhibit very little directional asymmetry and slight leptokurtosis, as expected of FA.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan