Affected by lethargy; sluggish and apathetic: I felt tired and a little lethargic
More example sentences
- Furthermore, filling up on fatty foods like bacon or cheese makes you tired, lethargic and apathetic.
- Over the previous two days he had been feeling increasingly tired, lethargic, polyuric, and thirsty.
- As a result, many seemed lethargic and sluggish when it came to taking the game to Brazil in the second half.
late Middle English: via Latin from Greek lēthargikos, from lēthargos 'forgetful'.
- More example sentences
- By September, fat with worms and snail meat, they ambled lethargically towards hibernation, miraculously slowing down their metabolism to lie curled up in suspended animation, surviving for weeks with neither food nor drink.
- The hangings lazily moved into the classroom whenever there was a bit of breeze that broke the still, tepid air of the afternoon, and lethargically straightened themselves out again once it had passed.
- After she told her mother that she had a lot of homework to finish (which was a lie, she hardly had any after reading in the coffee shop) she climbed up the stairs lethargically.