- Documents making a request through a foreign court for the obtaining of information or evidence from a specified person within the jurisdiction of that court.More example sentences
- These guiding principles of mutual deference and respect have set the tone for the contemporary approach to honouring requests by letters rogatory of foreign courts.
- Where the US courts have used established international procedures for obtaining evidence, such as letters rogatory, English courts have been more responsive.
- Organizing for a referendum to revoke the law on letters rogatory has already begun.
mid 19th century: rogatory from medieval Latin rogatorius 'interrogatory'.
More definitions of letters rogatoryDefinition of letters rogatory in:
- The British & World English dictionary