Definition of leucite in English:
A gray or white potassium aluminosilicate, typically found in alkali volcanic rocks.
- The three commonest feldspathoids are leucite, nepheline, and sodalite.
- Additionally, lamproites may contain leucite, richterite, sanidine, and occasionally nepheline, whereas kimberlites do not.
- Familiar examples include nepheline, leucite, and members of the sodalite and cancrinite groups.
- Example sentences
- Williams describes leucitic dike rocks in which ‘pseudoleucite’ is a most important constituent.
- The river was not visible from the hill; and in order to see it I was obliged to descend into the deep channel which it had dug out of the soft tufaceous and leucitic lava.
Definition of leucite in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan