Definition of leucon in English:
A sponge of the most complex structure, composed of a mass of flagellated chambers and water canals. Compare with ascon and sycon.
- Leucon are split into three groups when compared with pairwise p-distances.
- Leucon are extremely localised outside the study region whereas Oenanthe flu has declined throughout lowland England due to water pollution.
- Ascon, sycon, and leucon are levels of complexity that grade one into the other.
- Example sentences
- It is the only class with asconoid and syconoid construction, and has sponges with leuconoid construction as well.
- Organization does not necessarily relate to phylogeny; for example, the leuconoid structure was evolved independently several times.
Definition of leucon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan