(British also leucosis)
Definition of leukosis in English:
A leukemic disease of animals, especially one of a group of malignant viral diseases of poultry or cattle.
- Scientists have been able to transmit the causative agent of acute leukosis (Marek's disease) in chickens with this beetle.
- Are cows which provide colostrum for your calves tested for bovine leukosis?
- Example sentences
- Macroscopic appearance in affected viscera, with the exception of the bursa of Fabricius, are indistinguishable from leukotic lesions induced by other agents.
- The study entailed investigating the serological control of 20 samples of blood and milk from leukotic cattle with ELISA and nested PCR.
Definition of leukosis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.