- another term for fructose.More example sentences
- Another common monosaccharide is fructose (sometimes called laevulose), also naturally present in plants, and abundant in honey.
- Fructose, aka levulose, found naturally in fruits and, to a lesser extent, vegetables, is the sweetest of all sugars.
- Bacteria metabolize levulose to acidic byproducts which then promotes excretion of ammonia in the feces as ammonium ions, NH 4 +.
More definitions of levuloseDefinition of levulose in:
- The British & World English dictionary