- Containing or constituting a libel: a libelous newspaper storyMore example sentences
- Posting of slanderous, libelous, abusive or defamatory material is totally prohibited.
- These damages are measured by how much the libelous statements lower the plaintiff's reputation.
- The claimant cannot select apparently libellous statements if the passage taken as a whole is not defamatory.
- More example sentences
- I asked my father if I could put the previous post up, as he and my mother are slandered libellously.
- Various characters, good and bad, from high life and low (many of whom were libellously identified with characters of the day), covet and become corrupted by the golden coin.
More definitions of libelousDefinition of libelous in:
- The British & World English dictionary