- Through the establishment of courses in humanities, management and economics, we expect to permeate liberal arts into the sciences.
- Students also will study mathematics, science, liberal arts and the humanities as part of the curriculum.
- If he had been a man of the left, he would be teaching that subject at some small liberal arts college for $70,000 a year.
- These objects represent the seven liberal arts that provided the basis of a Renaissance education.
liberal, as distinct from servile or mechanical (i.e., involving manual labor) and originally referring to arts and sciences considered “worthy of a free man”; later the word related to general intellectual development rather than vocational training.
Definition of liberal arts in:
- The British & World English dictionary