- A sign affixed to a vehicle displaying a series of letters or numbers indicating that the vehicle has been registered with the state.More example sentences
- That's equivalent to reading an automobile license plate from 100 kilometers away.
- And it was reported to us as a gray automobile with the partial license plate of 266.
- When my number was called we went to a counter with a nice old lady who took my money, then gave me a Kleenex to wipe off my license plate to affix the sticker.
More definitions of license plateDefinition of license plate in:
- The British & World English dictionary