- Be going to happen; be in store: I’m excited by what lies aheadMore example sentences
- Why has God cursed me with such a gift, to see what lies ahead in a town with such hardships and pain ahead?
- I would add that the conference's refined dialogue and inquiry did not blunt the prickly sense of more image-trouble lying ahead.
- ‘I think there are big problems lying ahead and one day those donor countries will wake up,’ he says.
More definitions of lie aheadDefinition of lie ahead in:
- The British & World English dictionary