- A commissioned officer in the US Army, Air Force, or Marine Corps ranking above major general and below general.More example sentences
- The investigation also resulted in a ROK lieutenant general and major general being relieved of their positions.
- Campaigning in Hungary he again showed his worth as a field commander, and in 1685 was promoted to major general and then lieutenant general in 1688.
- All ranks of lieutenant general, major general and brigadier general are staffed by men.
More definitions of lieutenant generalDefinition of lieutenant general in:
- The British & World English dictionary