Definition of life force in English:
1The force or influence that gives something its vitality or strength: the passionate life force of the symphony
More example sentences
- The term we will give to this life force within us is Vitality.
- You might not like the final product - you might even hate its obsessive and arch re-use of movie and TV history - but you can't argue with its life force.
- To play disc one is to rediscover the swift 4/4 punk stomp as the elementary rhythmic life force it should be.
1.1The spirit or energy that animates living creatures; the soul.
- As one of her teachers put it, Vicky had such a strong life force, and it is this strength we miss the most about her.
- Until now, the life force that grew with the strength of the sun has been retreating into the fruit and the grain.
- Does being with this person add to my life force or do they rob me of my energy?
Definition of life force in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan