- 1The series of changes undergone by an organism during its lifetime.More example sentences
- It can be argued that the single-cell stage is the most vulnerable period in any multicellular organism's life history.
- Such an analysis may help to identify the most important factors in the life history of the study organism, and also to set up more effective management plans for endangered species.
- The results of our study provide insight into the importance of post-emergence offspring mortality in the life history of a long-lived organism.
- 1.1The story of a person’s life, especially when told at tedious length.More example sentences
- He then proceeds to give me his life history over the past four years since he moved to the local area.
- His life history was recorded from oral traditions a couple of centuries after his death, and even that information has survived only in fragments.
- Online messages are NOT an appropriate avenue for providing your entire life history or unloading about your past hurts and current emotional state.
More definitions of life historyDefinition of life history in:
- The British & World English dictionary