- 1North American A device made of buoyant or inflatable material, such as a life jacket, to keep someone afloat in water.More example sentences
- But rounding Halibut Point, I was relieved to see that at least one of them, the guy in the life preserver, was still well astern.
- When my turn came, the fat guy in the life preserver - he was still wearing it - looked at me and laughed.
- That life preserver by itself wasn't enough to save him.
More definitions of life preserverDefinition of life preserver in:
- The British & World English dictionary