Definition of lifeguard in English:
An expert swimmer employed to rescue people who get into difficulty in a swimming pool or at the beach.
- ‘It is mandatory that each hotel and tourist spot employs lifeguards at their swimming pools,’ he added.
- Swimming pools must have lifeguards and sanitary requirements must be taken care of.
- He would also like to try to work as a lifeguard at a swimming pool, because he has never had this chance before and finds it an interesting challenge.
- Example sentences
- A generation ago on the Massachusetts coast, lifeguarding was the be-all, end-all summer job.
- To him, lifeguarding is the best job anyone could ever have even at $8.25 an hour.
- Lifesavers, The Royal Life Saving Society UK, is a national charity and the governing body for lifesaving and lifeguarding in the UK.
Words that rhyme with lifeguardbodyguard • Bogarde
Definition of lifeguard in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan