- 1 • informal A thing that saves one from serious difficulty: a microwave oven could be a lifesaver this ChristmasMore example sentences
- A proud mum has hailed her two-year-old toddler as a lifesaver - after he saved her from falling into a diabetic coma.
- Her family will tonight welcome hundreds of volunteers to a blood sample session at a West Timperley pub in a bid to find the lifesaver who can help Shannon.
- Nominees might be heroic lifesavers who have put themselves in danger to help somebody else.
- 2A ring-shaped life preserver.More example sentences
- A total of 13 of the bright orange lifesavers have been snatched from Wootton Bassett's Jubilee Lake in just over a month.
More definitions of lifesaverDefinition of lifesaver in:
- The British & World English dictionary