- Takeoff, especially the vertical takeoff of a rocket or helicopter.More example sentences
- The launch timing is dictated by both the position of the space station and NASA's desire to hold a daylight lift-off so it can photograph the spacecraft during its climb to orbit and watch out for possible damage.
- If all goes well with the test, the countdown will continue to a lift-off at 16: 39 CEST on Tuesday.
- The next two lift-offs occurred around the 17th.
More definitions of liftoffDefinition of liftoff in:
- The British & World English dictionary