- 1 Zoology An illuminated trap for attracting and catching nocturnal animals, especially moths and other flying insects.More example sentences
- The emerging corn borer moths are recaptured in black light traps placed at varying distances around the release sites.
- But you can put flea control on autopilot while you're away with a simple light trap.
- Sampling was by mercury vapor light trap and took place throughout the flying season where possible, but sometimes for shorter periods.
More definitions of light trapDefinition of light trap in:
- The British & World English dictionary