- The transfer of cargo by means of a lighter; the charge levied for such transfer.More example sentences
- It also provides barge transportation, dredging support, and lighterage services for aggregate industries.
- They provide the Army's only amphibious lighterage service primarily for heavy, outsize or bulky equipment.
- Cargo is to be transferred off-shore from the ship 12 to the lighterage craft 14 without hull damage thereto, even under severe weather conditions.
More definitions of lighterageDefinition of lighterage in:
- The British & World English dictionary