- another term for guaiacum.More example sentences
- Handles and other wooden components are mahogany lignum vitae, or fruit-wood rather than the beech typically used for tools.
- It is also a very hard and heavy wood, even more so than lignum vitae, or ironwood.
- Closer scrutiny reveals that they are made of lignum vitae, an exotic West Indian hardwood characterized by occasional streaks of bright yellow.
Latin, 'wood of life'.
More definitions of lignum vitaeDefinition of lignum vitae in:
- The British & World English dictionary