Definition of ligustrum in English:
A plant of a genus that comprises the privets.
- Genus Ligustrum, family Oleaceae
- Here is another example of ligustrums growing heavily where a sapling is attempting to survive.
- One of the most common mistakes is planting immature ligustrums and other large shrubs too close together.
- The chain link was hidden by a nice thick row of ligustrums and green privacy material.
mid 17th century: from Latin.
Definition of ligustrum in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan