The state or fact of something’s being likely; probability: young people who can see no likelihood of finding employment [in singular]: situations where there is a likelihood of violence
More example sentences
- The likelihood is that the pelts of the rabid foxes have been sold to furriers.
- There is thus far less likelihood of stalemates or draws forming in the game.
- There is also no likelihood that anything said or done would have induced any other confession.
in all likelihood
- Very probably.More example sentences
- The idea began to occur to me that maybe, in all likelihood, I wasn't all that different from them.
- It is likely to involve different local interests and, in all likelihood, various interests at the central level as well.
- It lifted them in a game that in all likelihood the probably shouldn't have been in.