Definition of limited partner in English:
A partner in a company or venture who receives limited profits from the business and whose liability toward its debts is legally limited to the extent of his or her investment.
- In a limited partnership, the limited partner is liable only to the extent of the money he has invested.
- Another key benefit of the limited partnership, aside from the diminished liability of the limited partners and freedom of the general partner, is that it pays no income tax.
- The accountant should have verified that the information, or evidence of wrongdoing was correct, and insisted that the general partners notify the limited partners of the excess management fees.
- 1limited partnership noun
- Example sentences
- The other partners are called limited partners, hence the name limited partnership.
- Instead of using the occasion of going public as a chance to simplify operations, many companies, real estate investment trusts, and limited partnerships are making themselves more impenetrable than ever.
- Income from energy may be derived via royalty trusts and master limited partnerships.
Definition of limited partner in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.