- A war in which the weapons used, the nations or territory involved, or the objectives pursued are restricted in some way, in particular one in which the use of nuclear weapons is avoided.More example sentences
- After Kargil, India invented the notion of a limited war between nuclear weapon states.
- In Vietnam, our civilian and military leaders never resolved the basic contradiction in their respective approaches to the war - that is, of pursuing a limited war with immense military means.
- Whether it is deterrence, proxy war, guerrilla warfare, or limited war, it is war all the same.
More definitions of limited warDefinition of limited war in:
- The British & World English dictionary