Definition of limiter in English:
1A person or thing that limits something, in particular.
- And sometimes they have a quality that is incredible, just the sheer texture of the sound, this crushed, squashed sound that you get from using cheap limiters and so on.
- Yesterday, the hotel undertook to relocate noise limiters which shut down live music if it gets too loud and to increase security outside the premises.
- Both front belts have height-adjustable top mounts, pre-tensioners and load limiters.
1.1 Electronics A circuit whose output is restricted to a certain range of values irrespective of the size of the input. Also called clipper.
- An active cascode amplifier circuit which includes an active cascode amplifier and an amplitude limiter.
- A device for adjusting gain in a microphone of a wireless communications device includes adjustable digital gain logic coupled to the microphone and a limiter coupled to the adjustable digital gain logic.
- A current limiter is configured to limit current flow through the reference electrode and thereby reduce corrosion of the reference electrode.
1.2A device that prevents a vehicle from being driven above a specified speed. Also called speed limiter.
- The speed limiter has been deactivated, and the mighty SL will now reach 175 mph and dash to 60 mph in approximately six seconds, but it's the true power in the midrange that stands out.
- The speed limiter is a good idea because you can go fast.
- If you have ever seen the steering wheel of a Formula One car, you will have noticed the half dozen buttons and switches on it that control functions from the pit lane speed limiter to the brake balance.
Words that rhyme with limiterperimeter, scimitar, velocimeter
Definition of limiter in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.