A colorless liquid hydrocarbon with a lemonlike scent, present in lemon oil, orange oil, and similar essential oils.
- A terpene; chemical formula: C10H16
More example sentences
- No doubt the electrode detector registered trace ions of limonene (found in orange peels), but none of the cocaine, heroin, PCP, TNT, nitrates, Semtex, or other ions that the screener was looking for.
- Industry currently uses limonene as a scent in household cleaners but might one day be used as the raw material for making the plastic bottle itself.
- Lemons, limes and oranges contain limonene, a substance that breaks down precursors to skin and breast cancers while stimulating the production of cancer-killing immune cells.
Definition of limonene in:
- The British & World English dictionary