Definition of limpkin in English:
A wading marsh bird related to the rails, with long legs and a long bill, found in the southeastern US and tropical America.
- Aramus guarauna, the only member of the family Aramidae
- But there is some worry the pythons may start feeding on birds, such as limpkins, which are not accustomed to defending themselves against nocturnal predators.
- Alas, the cry of the limpkin, a hair-raising screech.
- Its curved bill bits perfectly into a snail shell, allowing the limpkin to deftly extract the mollusk.
Words that rhyme with limpkinpipkin
Definition of limpkin in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan