Definition of limpkin in English:
A wading marsh bird related to the rails, with long legs and a long bill, found in the southeastern US and tropical America.
- Aramus guarauna, the only member of the family Aramidae
- But there is some worry the pythons may start feeding on birds, such as limpkins, which are not accustomed to defending themselves against nocturnal predators.
- Alas, the cry of the limpkin, a hair-raising screech.
- Its curved bill bits perfectly into a snail shell, allowing the limpkin to deftly extract the mollusk.
Definition of limpkin in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.