A person with direct managerial responsibility for a particular employee.
- I always think the line manager should take direct responsibility for keeping an individual officer informed about the progress.
- Instead of contacting their line manager, an employee calling in sick must now speak to a nurse from private health care organisation Active Health.
- A few years ago, working for my ex employer, I was bullied and picked on by my line manager and one of his friends who worked with us.
line management noun
- Example sentences
- Where possible, staff positions such as personnel and marketing are integrated with line management.
- The company gradually became characterised as having a very good line management, but the top executives, who were supposed to be delivering large acquisitions, repeatedly failed to deliver.
- As a bridging measure, line management is in the process of being recruited in South Africa for the short term to train Namibians to take up managerial position within the new company.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: line man·ag·er
Definition of line manager in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.