- A machine that prints output from a computer a line at a time rather than character by character.More example sentences
- When the SLAC Library was started, the Stanford University computing center was a little building with keypunch machines and a line printer.
- Remember, this was all at a time when computing to the rest of us meant running a few thousand punched cards through a mainframe and waiting to get your output the next day from the line printer.
- A line printer provided high-speed printout to permit rapid program evaluation and change, and evaluation of test missions.
More definitions of line printerDefinition of line printer in:
- The British & World English dictionary